Back in 2014 I launched a Facebook page and purchased a domain, CTUK was born. CTUK had been on my heart and church tech in general for many years. On October 18th 2015 I published the first blog post. In that post I shared the vision that I still believe in
“The vision for CTUK is to : equip, support, encourage, develop and resource.
Throughout the UK there are both large and small churches, some who employ tech staff and others who are staffed by volunteers. CTUK’s vision is about building community where people can learn off each other, develop skills and get advise.”
That vision back in 2015 is still very much what I believe in. But it’s also expanding. At the time in many ways I felt like we needed to focus on the equipment as probably many techs do, but actually it’s also about helping develop people as individuals that whether they are in a small country church or a mega church that the role they play is important, that the frustrations they have are felt elsewhere. When you get in from work at 6:30pm and have to be at practise by 7:30pm or you have to be at church for 7:30am on a Sunday morning when the rest of the family are in bed. Whether you’re a church tech as it’s your calling or whether you do church tech to fill a role, what you do is important.
In 2019 I along with others want to expand what CTUK does and is, taking that vision and seeing churches and techs equipped, supported, encouraged, developed, and resourced to not just mix the best sound, create the best light show, or build the best church website, but to help our congregations encounter God. Tech toys and media tools are all there to help us deliver a message. The method and style the message gets delivered in may change but the message will be the same.
So, plans 2019…
– Branding and website: In the next few weeks we will be launching new branding along with a new website.
– Blogging: We are going to attempt to blog much more. We would love to get some new authors, if you would like to explore writing for the blog please get in touch
– Training days: We are looking at running some training days, keep your eyes peeled.
– Conference 2019: It is well overdue! We are currently looking at Autumn 2019 so again keep your eyes peeled.
– Podcast: In the next month we will hopefully have a few episodes recorded.
– Partnerships: We are wanting to partner with other Christians organisations and businesses to help engage with those involved in tech and media.
So 2019 let’s see what happens and what God does and he uses us!